The 5k (3.1 miles) is a scenic run in downtown Knoxville. Like all of our races that weekend, the 5k will start on the Clinch Avenue Bridge and finish in World’s Fair Park.
The 2021 Covenant Health 5K will start between 6 pm – 7 pm on Saturday, March 27.
2021 Course Certification
USATF Certified – #TN19007MS
2021 Course Map
Click here to view the 2021 course map.
2021 Course Description
- Start on Clinch Ave Bridge. (close to Convention Center)
- Head West on Clinch Avenue to 16th Street
- Turn Left on 16th St, across Cumberland Avenue, which becomes Volunteer Boulevard
- Follow Volunteer Boulevard (in the westbound traffic lanes), past Circle Park toward the turnaround point (just past UT Drive and fraternity row.)
- Turnaround and continue back on Volunteer, in the eastbound traffic lanes
- Turn Right onto Peyton Manning Pass
- Turn Right onto Phillip Fulmer Way to turnaround cone
- Turn around cone and return northbound on Phillip Fulmer Way, crossing Cumberland to James Agee
- Turn Right onto Clinch Avenue
- Turn Right onto World’s Fair Park Drive
- Finish at Finish Line – World’s Fair Park
All races (except the Covenant Kids Run) will be timed using a chip timing system. The timing chips will be attached to the bibs for marathon, half marathon, relay, and 5K participants.
FinisherPix is proud to be the Official Photographer of the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon. They will post 2021 race photos a couple of days after the race. BACK FOR 2021! Race photos will be provided to the participants FREE OF CHARGE!
All participants in every race will receive a top-quality t-shirt.
All participants in every race will receive a goody bag at the Health and Fitness Expo.
Party Boys DJ Show will be at the start, finish, and at several on-course locations providing the musical motivation to keep you moving. For every year of the CHKM, Party Boys has provided much-needed energy to the runners and spectators and helped make this feel like a celebration as much as a race. Look forward to them being out there for you again this year!
We will have 30 great musical acts lined-up all over the course! Dante Music Entertainment has recruited and coordinated live musical acts that will give you a feel for locally grown music and they’ll keep you moving.
Course maps, elevation profiles, and course descriptions are in the race information for each specific race.
We will provide Mountain Valley Spring Water and sports drink on the 2021 Covenant Health 5K Course.
All 5K participants should be able to comlete the 5K in 75 minutes or less.
The 2021 Covenant Health 5K will be timed using the Knoxville Track Club’s Chip Timing system.
Fittest Company Challenge
If you are with a Knoxville area company and your company is participating in the Fittest Company Challenge, be sure to include your company name on your entry form. That way, your participation will count toward the Fittest Company Challenge – determined by which company’s employees (and immediate household family members of employees) complete the most combined miles on race day. Each participant in the 5k earns 3.1 points (1 point per mile run.)
Event Alert System
The Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon uses an Event Alert System for race weekend. For more information about the EAS, click here.