The 5k (3.1 miles) is a scenic run in downtown Knoxville and on the University of Tennessee Campus. Like all of our races that weekend, the 5k will start on the Clinch Avenue Bridge and finish on the 50-yard line in Neyland Stadium.
7:00 pm on Saturday, March 30, 2019
USATF Certified – #TN08013MS
NOTE: Courses are subject to slight modification.
2018 Course Map
Click here to view the 2018 course map. (2019 subject to change)
2018 Course Description (2019 subject to change)
- Start on Clinch Ave Bridge. (close to Convention Center)
- Head West on Clinch Avenue to 16th Street
- Turn Left on 16th St, across Cumberland Avenue, which becomes Volunteer Boulevard
- Follow Volunteer Boulevard (in the westbound traffic lanes), past Circle Park toward the turnaround point (just past UT Drive and fraternity row.)
- Turnaround and continue back on Volunteer, in the eastbound traffic lanes
- Turn Right onto Peyton Manning Pass
- Turn Left onto Phillip Fulmer Way
- Turn Right onto Cumberland Avenue
- Turn Right onto Estabrook Road
- Follow Estabrook up to Neyland Stadium, entering via gate 25
- Finish at the 50 yard line – Neyland Stadium
All 5k participants will receive a t-shirt and goody bag at the Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday, March 24. All 5K Finishers will be able to enjoy post-race food and refreshments at the Pilot Flying J Post Race Party, located at Neyland Stadium.
The 5k course will feature 1 runner refreshment station with volunteers distributing Powerade and Mountain Valley Spring Water. At the finish line, you will receive a bottle of water. Powerade and other refreshments will be available at the Pilot Flying J Post Race Party outside of Neyland Stadium.
There is no age restriction for 5k participants, but please be considerate of our volunteers and police by trying to complete the course, whether running or walking, in approximately 1.5 hours.
This year’s 5K will be timed using a chip timing system.
Fittest Company Challenge
If you are with a Knoxville area company and your company is participating in the Fittest Company Challenge, be sure to include your company name on your entry form. That way, your participation will count toward the Fittest Company Challenge – determined by which company’s employees complete the most combined miles on race day. Each participant in the 5k earns 3.1 points (1 point per mile run.)
Event Alert System
The Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon has an Event Alert System. For more information about the EAS, click here.