The 5k (3.1 miles) is a scenic run in downtown Knoxville. Like all of our races that weekend, the 5k will start on the Clinch Avenue Bridge and finish in World’s Fair Park.
7:00 pm on Saturday, March 28, 2020
USATF Certified – #TN19007MS
2019 Course Map (2020 subject to change)
Click here to view the 2019 course map. (2020 subject to change)
2019 Course Description (2020 subject to change)
- Start on Clinch Ave Bridge. (close to Convention Center)
- Head West on Clinch Avenue to 16th Street
- Turn Left on 16th St, across Cumberland Avenue, which becomes Volunteer Boulevard
- Follow Volunteer Boulevard (in the westbound traffic lanes), past Circle Park toward the turnaround point (just past UT Drive and fraternity row.)
- Turnaround and continue back on Volunteer, in the eastbound traffic lanes
- Turn Right onto Peyton Manning Pass
- Turn Right onto Phillip Fulmer Way to turnaround cone
- Turn around cone and return northbound on Phillip Fulmer Way, crossing Cumberland to James Agee
- Turn Right onto Clinch Avenue
- Turn Right onto World’s Fair Park Drive
- Finish at Finish Line – World’s Fair Park
All 5k participants will receive a t-shirt and goody bag at the Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday, March 28. All 5K Finishers will receive a finisher’s medal and can enjoy post-race food and refreshments at the Pilot Flying J Post Race Party located at World’s Fair Park.
You will not want to miss this year’s post-race celebration!
The 5k course will feature 1 runner refreshment station with volunteers distributing Powerade and Mountain Valley Spring Water. At the finish line, you will receive a bottle of water. Other refreshments will be available at the Pilot Flying J Post Race Party.
There is no age restriction for 5k participants, but please be considerate of our volunteers and police by trying to complete the course, whether running or walking, in approximately 1.5 hours.
This year’s 5K will be timed using a chip timing system.
Fittest Company Challenge
If you are with a Knoxville area company and your company is participating in the Fittest Company Challenge, be sure to include your company name on your entry form. That way, your participation will count toward the Fittest Company Challenge – determined by which company’s employees (and immediate household family members of employees) complete the most combined miles on race day. Each participant in the 5k earns 3.1 points (1 point per mile run.)
Event Alert System
The Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon has an Event Alert System. For more information about the EAS, click here.