Marathon Training Group Runs to Meet February 15 at The Long Run!
Training Group Runs leading up to the 2020 Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon will continue this Saturday, February 15, at The Long Run (2452 Sutherland Avenue) at 8 am. There is no cost to attend these group runs, thanks to a generous sponsorship by Eddie’s Health Shoppe, Knoxville Performance Lab, and ZenEvo Chocolate.
The program is intended for anyone looking to experience the fun, excitement, and camaraderie of training with a group for the marathon. This program is being led by experienced runners and is open to everyone. The 2020 program is geared to not only marathoners, but half marathoners, relay, and 5K participants as well.
Mileage options are 8 miles for half marathoners, 15 miles for half marathoners. View the recommended routes below:
Ethan and Julia at the The Long Run have arranged the following for Saturday:
– Special offers: Shoes 10% off, Apparel and nutrition are 20% off through Sunday. Plus additional items at 50% off.
– Performance Training Inc. will set up at 7:15am and offer HyperVolt massage therapy as well as stretching for everyone.
– Yoga6 is offering a free Restore yoga session at 11 am at The Long Run. Runners are welcome to shower at the store.
LOOKING FAR AHEAD…..
On Sunday March 29, The Long Run will have the following at their location:
– Post marathon recovery party starting at 11am.
– Sufferfest beer on tap – 1 free beer per runner.
– Ramen Bones food truck
– Cryotherapy mobile unit with compression boots
For a full listing of dates, locations, and times that we will meet, click here.