We have something for everyone, with 6 different events:
Marathon (26.2 miles)
2-Person Relay (note: the first leg is approximately 12.8 miles, with the second leg 13.4 miles)
4-Person Relay (note: the first two legs are 6.7 and 6.1 miles respectively, the third 8.1 miles and the final leg is 5.3 miles)
Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
5k (3.1 miles)
Covenant Kids Run (1 mile fun run)
Virtual Events – We also offer virtual options. To read the instructions for virtual participants, click here.
Runners and walkers are welcome in all events!
The Marathon, 2-Person Relay, 4-Person Relay, and Half Marathon will be held on Sunday, April 7. The marathon, relays, and half marathon will start at 7:30 am. The 2024 Covenant Health 5K will be held Saturday, April 6, starting at 7:00 pm.
NOTE: The 2024 Covenant Kids Run will be held Saturday, April 6 at 5:30 pm.
All events will start on the Clinch Avenue Bridge and will finish at World’s Fair Park.
Mandatory Packet Pickup
MANDATORY Packet Pick-up will be at the Clayton Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday, April 6. You must bring a photo ID in order to receive your bib, timing chip, t-shirt, and goody bag. NOTE: There is NO Sunday Packet Pickup. All race participants must visit the Expo during scheduled hours to obtain their official race packet containing the race number bib, timing chip, race shirt, goody bag, and other instructions. The Clayton Health & Fitness Expo is the first major event of the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon weekend.
Clayton Health & Fitness Expo Hours
9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 6
World’s Fair Exhibition Hall
935 World’s Fair Park Drive. Knoxville, TN 37902
FinisherPix will be the official photographer of the 2024 event. Photos will be provided FREE to all 2024 participants!
All participants in every race will receive a top-quality t-shirt.
All participants in every race will receive a goody bag at the Clayton Health and Fitness Expo.
All participants in every race will receive a finisher’s medal.
Fanatic Beer Company
Participants ages 21 and up are eligible to receive a complimentary beer on race weekend. Learn more about the beer procedure here.
Party Boys DJ Show will be at the start, finish, and at several on-course locations providing the musical motivation to keep you moving. For every year of the CHKM, Party Boys has provided much-needed energy to the runners and spectators and helped make this feel like a celebration as much as a race. Look forward to them being out there for you again this year!
We will have over 25 great musical acts lined up all over the course! Dante Music Entertainment has recruited and coordinated live musical acts that will give you a feel for locally grown music and they’ll keep you moving.
The Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon will use our Event Alert System for race day. Click here to learn more about the EAS.
Post Race Injury Clinics
Covenant Therapy Centers will offer injury clinics after the 2024 event. Stay tuned!
Fittest Company Challenge
Fittest Company Challenge
The Fittest Company Challenge is a special contest for Knoxville-area organizations. For each employee or immediate household family member of an employee who finishes a race, your company gets points (26.2, 13.1, 13.1, 6.55, or 3.1 for the marathon, half, 2-person relay, 4-person relay, and 5k, respectively.) All points are added together and the company with the most points wins the Fittest Company award. There are categories for small, medium, and large companies, as determined by number of employees listed in Knoxville Chamber’s directory of area employers. Interested in having your company participate? Have your wellness or fitness director or someone else from your company contact us and we’ll add you to the list. Just make sure your employees or their immediate household family members include your Employer Name on their registration forms.
Pace Groups will return in 2024!
*If you are interested in leading a pace group, please contact us in the marathon office.
Marathon, Half Marathon, and Relay award ceremonies will be held on Sunday after the races, near the finish line at World’s Fair Park. 5K awards will be available on Saturday evening.
$10,000 in cash will be awarded to top male and female athletes in the both the marathon and half marathon. The specific cash award breakdown is as follows:
Total Cash Purse
|Marathon ($7400)||Half ($2600)|
No Double Dipping. Combining of cash awards is not allowed. For instance, if the 3rd overall male marathon finisher is also a masters runner, then he would receive prize money for the 3rd overall finish only. Any athlete receiving $600 or more dollars will be required to complete a W-9 before receiving payment. Taxes may be withheld for non-U.S. residents, per the IRS publication 515 regarding Taxation of Foreign Resident Aliens. All prize monies will be mailed within two weeks of the event once the race results have been deemed official. We reserve the right to drug test all prize money winners after the race but before issuing any prize money.
Unique awards will be presented for both the marathon and half marathon as follows:
- Plaques will be awarded to the overall top five men and women.
- Plaques also will be awarded to the top three male and female masters (>39 years) and the top male and female finisher in each of the Grandmaster (>49 years) and Senior Grandmaster (>59 years) categories.
- Age group awards in the marathon will be presented to the top three finishers in the following categories for both male and female: <20, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79 and 80+. Team awards will be presented to the top teams in Male, Female, and Co-Ed divisions.
- Age group awards in the half marathon will be presented to the top three finishers in the following categories for both male and female: <15, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80+.
- Team awards will be presented to the top teams in Male, Female, and Co-Ed divisions.
- Plaques will be awarded to the overall top three men and women.
- Awards also will be awarded to the top three male and female masters (>39 years) and the top male and female finisher in each of the Grandmaster (>49 years) and Senior Grandmasters (>59 years) categories.
- Age group awards will presented to the top three finishers in the following categories for both men and women: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29,30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80+.
Covenant Kids Run Awards:
Finishers medals will be presented to all Covenant Kids Run finishers. Kids who have completed the build-up program of 25.2 miles prior to race day will be presented with a special award when they present their completed mileage log at packet pickup at the Expo on Saturday of race weekend.