The 2022 Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon Training Runs presented by the Eddie’s Health Shoppe, Knoxville Performance Lab, and ZenEvo Dark Chocolate will begin in December 2021.
The program is intended for anyone looking to experience the fun, excitement, and camaraderie of training for the marathon. This program is being led by experienced runners and is open to everyone. The 2022 program is geared to not only marathoners, but half marathoners, relay, and 5K participants as well.
This is what we have to offer:
- Training runs for everyone! Runners of all levels are welcome to participate in the suggested weekly long runs. We will have several distance options ranging from beginner to advanced. The long runs will take place on most Saturdays at 8 am.
- Mileage for long runs for beginners and advanced
Group Run Cost:
• NOTHING! We are not requiring a fee for non-KTC members to participate in the training runs. However, we still encourage you to join the KTC and enjoy the benefits of being a member. You will receive discounts on registration fees at KTC races (including the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon), purchases at participating retailers, and a subscription to the award winning KTC publication, Footnotes. For more information go to www.ktc.org.
How to sign up to receive the email reminders/updates:
- Contact us
- Follow us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
|December 4||1||2 miles||6 miles||New Balance Knoxville - 8027F Kingston Pike|
|December 11||2||3.1 miles||6.55 miles||Pigeon Forge Half Marathon, Relay, and 5K|
|December 18||3||4 miles||8 miles||Eddie's Health Shoppe Downtown - 455 Union Avenue|
|December 25||4||n/a||n/a||No organized group run - Merry Christmas!|
|January 1, 2022||5||3.1 miles||3.1 miles||New Year's Day 5K|
|January 8||6||5 miles||10 miles||TSMG - 2260 Sutherland Avenue - hosted by Knoxville Endurance|
|January 15||7||6 miles||10 mile race||Oak Ridge 10 Miler|
|January 22||8||7 miles||12 miles||Eddie's Health Shoppe - 8025 Kingston Pike|
|January 29||9||10K||Half Marathon||Strawberry Plains Half Marathon and 10K|
|February 5||10||8 miles||16 miles||Runners Market - 4443 Kingston Pike|
|February 12||11||8.5 miles||17 miles||The Long Run - 2452 Sutherland Avenue|
|February 20||12||6.2 miles (Relay!)||18.6 miles (30K!)||Whitestone 30K and Team Relay|
|February 26||13||9 miles||18 miles||Fleet Feet Knoxville - 11619 Parkside Drive|
|March 5||14||10 miles||20 miles||Runners Market - 4443 Kingston Pike|
|March 12||15||11 miles||15 miles||Eddie's Health Shoppe Downtown - 455 Union Avenue|
|March 19||16||10 miles||12 miles||CHKM Start Line!|
|March 27||17||13.1||26.2||RACE DAY!!!|
NOTE: This is a recommended 9 week training plan that could get you ready for race day!
|1||Alternate jogging and walking 1/4 mile intervals for a total of 1 mile|
|2||Jog 1/2 mi, walk 1/4 mi, jog 1/4 mi for a total of 1 mile|
|3||Jog 3/4 mi, walk 1/4 mi, jog 1/2 mi for a total of 1.5 miles|
|4||Jog 1 mi, walk 1/4 mi, jog 1/4 mi for a total of 1.5 miles|
|5||Jog 1 1/4 mis, walk 1/4 mi, jog 1/2 mi for a total of 2 miles|
|6||Jog 1 1/2 mi, walk 1/4 mi, jog 1/4 mi for a total of 2 miles|
|7||Jog 2 mis, walk 1/4 mi, jog 1/4 mi for a total of 2.5 miles|
|8||Jog 2.5 miles|
* The Saturday Morning Group Runs start at 8 am.
* Run locations are subject to change. We will make a weekly recommendation for mileage options. Please check this schedule or our Facebook page for weekly updates.
*This schedule is only a suggestion. Please listen to your body and be flexible with your runs. Do not fight injuries and rest when you need to throughout your training.
*Please consult a physician before beginning any exercise program. The KTC and the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon Group Run Program are not responsible for injuries. We are simply offering a schedule of organized runs for individuals training for the marathon.
*We will not be able to provide water and snacks at the training runs. Be sure to bring your own water and energy bar/gel for after your runs.
*There will be runs for varying paces every Wednesday beginning at 5:30 pm at the Runners Market in Western Plaza for those looking for a mid-week group run. You can visit the KTC Group Run page by clicking here.
*In addition to the Wednesday night group runs, there are group runs on Monday nights from Orange Hat Brewery, Bearden Beer Market, and Balter Beerworks. Give them a call for more information.